Dear Parents and Carers,
As we enter the last week of term 1, we do so with great positivity. If has been a wonderful term with only one small interruption through COVID, thank goodness. Our students are all happy to be back as school and have settled in extremely well. Our preps are enjoying the social elements of school as well as showing great interest in their learning.
Here is just some information for you before we finish this week, which I thought might be useful to keep in mind.
· On Thursday we commence with our Easter Hat parade and raffle draw at 9.15 am on the basketball court. Parents are welcome. Please socially distance as you are watching.
· We finish the term on Thursday at 2.30 pm. Extend our OHSC, will operate from that time and, of course, over the holidays. Please make sure you have booked in if you wish your child to attend.
· Term 2 commences on Monday 19th April and we have a student free/curriculum day on Friday 4th June.
· Students are still required to wear a broad-brimmed or legionnaires hat until end the April. Please note caps without a back flap are not acceptable.
· We will hold an Anzac Day Ceremony on Thursday 22nd April at 9.15 am on the basketball court. Parents are welcome.
· Friday 23rd April is our whole school Cross Country.
· Our year 6 students will attend camp in week 2.
· In term 2 to minimise the disruption to morning learning, we are moving our fortnightly assemblies to 2.50 pm on Mondays. These will continue to be held in the hall.
· Parent helpers in class will resume in term 2 as I mentioned in the newsletter. Your child's teacher will soon send out information regarding this. Parents will be required to sign a confidentially statement and the Child Safe Standard Code of Conduct.
I have attached the 'SAFE TO SCHOOLS' brochure from the Frankston Council about safely dropping and collecting student as school. This is very valuable and a great reminder to keep our students, your children safe around busy roads.
I trust that you will all have a wonderful Easter and restful holiday period with your families. I certainly hope the Easter Bunny hops your way.
As always, best wishes,
Overport Primary School